Kamelia Spencer missing twenty-one years

Today is the twenty-first anniversary of the disappearance of Kamelia Marie Spencer. She was abducted from foster care by her non-custodial father, Derek Spencer, and her non-custodial paternal grandmother, Helen Barbara Gruning, from Palmdale, California. They may be in Las Vegas, or they may have left the country. They may be in the company of her non-custodial great-grandmother, Gertrude Schoenberg. Caution is advised when approaching Derek and Helen.

Kamelia Spencer

Above is a picture of Kamelia. Help bring her home to her mother – if you have any information as to her whereabouts please contact either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Los Angeles Police Department at 323-890-5500. If you see Derek or Helen please do not approach them as they are known to be armed and dangerous.

Rachel said,

April 27, 2021 @ 7:25 pm

She’s been found.

Orlinda said,

April 27, 2021 @ 11:19 pm

There is a god and Kamelia’s mother is so blessed. I also had to wait more than 20 years to finally find out exactly where my child was and see even a picture again. It’s so hard as a mother. You try to include the father in the child’s life for your child’s sake and then to have him betray you and probably run to a country where you don’t have a snowball’s chance in hades. It’s especially hard if you are a person of color. Few people know about the local discrimination and international discrimination, but if you are a mother and your white, arab, or asian ex runs off with your child just forget to ever see the child again and deal with brainwashing. I’m so happy for this mother and pray her child isn’t brainwashed completely.

Rachel said,

April 28, 2021 @ 7:32 am

I just hope and pray Kamelia isn’t brainwashed too much, and that she’s healthy. I know Helen was giving her Depakote before the kidnapping, and hospital workers originally suspected she had Munchausen by Proxy. I don’t know if she was drugging Kamelia to try to frame Sonia, if she truly had MBP, or what. It does make me feel better to know that, according to the Facebook page from the link I posted, Helen is dead. I know she was the main instigator in all this foolishness, although Derek is still culpable.

Celeste said,

June 8, 2021 @ 9:01 pm

Did she think that her family life was normal? Just her paternal grandmother, her father, and no sign of her mother?

Rachel said,

June 30, 2021 @ 10:35 pm

I have no idea. The Facebook page isn’t very detailed. It does mention something about Derek’s extradition hearing being held Phoenix, Arizona. I wonder if that’s where they’ve been all this time.

Asha said,

July 4, 2021 @ 5:42 pm

I read on the mother’s friend’s facebook page that the picture of Kamelia displayed by a stranger when Kamelia was 2 and later shown to the mother who hadn’t actually seen her daughter since the age of less than one year. If that’s the case then poor Kamelia is thoroughly brainwashed and firmly aligned with her father and paternal grandmother. Through no fault of her own she is going to hate and resent her mother for getting her father arrested without knowing or remembering anything about why exactly the warrants were issued. The whole situation is just sad.

Celeste said,

July 24, 2021 @ 11:49 pm

Let’s hope that Dereck is being extradited right now?

For the Lost Blog » Hayden Custis, Emilee, Ethan, Hannah, and Landon Goodman, Angelo, Selena, and Walter Leo, Tarron Marshall, Jace Patrick, Johnathan Reeves, Kamelia Spencer, and Daphne Westbrook found safe said,

October 16, 2021 @ 9:47 am

[…] Jace Patrick, and Johnathan Reeves have all been found safe. I have also heard from her mother that Kamelia Spencer has been found safe and her father arrested and seen news stories that state Emilee, Ethan, Hannah, […]