Alec and Dominic Gardner missing thirteen years

Today is the thirteenth anniversary of the disappearance of Alec Emmanuel and Dominic Vincent Gardner. They were abducted by their non-custodial mother, Stephanie Zachariadis Gardner, from Reston, Virginia. They are believed to be in Germany.

Alec Gardner

Alec Gardner in 2008

Dominic Gardner

Dominic Gardner in 2008

Stephanie Zachariadis Gardner

Above are pictures of Alec, Dominic, and their mother in 2004, and pictures of Alec and Dominic in 2008. Help bring them home to their father – if you have any information as to their whereabouts, please contact either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Manassas, Virginia at 202-278-2000. this!

Klaus said,

January 13, 2018 @ 4:13 pm

FAKE, FAKE,FAKE!!!! The father gave written and verbal consent TWICE that the dual citizen children could live in Munich with their mother. Research Gardner v. Zachariadis and you will see both in English and German where the father SIGNED the permission document and stated under threat of perjury that hi wife did NOT falsify any documents. He acknowledged the German ruling as valid, accepted visitation terms with the understanding that lying and filing false charges in American courts were going to RUIN the parental relationship, and agreed to register the German ruling in Virginia. In exchange for being truthful and registering the German ruling the father would then enjoy a yearly visitation with the children in Virginia as well as unrestricted access in Munich. The father lost the parental relationship, because he LIED in American courts and did NOT mention the FACT that he already settled custody and accepted visitation through German courts. A parent cannot abduct their children from one county of citizenship to another country of citizenship when the other parent has CONSENTED to permanent location!! This man has LIED,LIED,LIED!!!

Klaus said,

January 13, 2018 @ 4:28 pm

German courts are NOT partial to mothers. Have you heard of Kufner v. Kufner? The American mother and primary residential parent as determined by German courts also in Munich district took the children to the United States without permission. She got in BIG TROUBLE with German courts and American courts agreed she illegally removed the children from Germany to the United States and MUST return the children to Germany to their father. Problems arise when parents begin to lie and forum shop in different countries like Gregory L. Gardner did. Stop demonizing Germany as racist or sexist or xenophobic! We’re NOT Nazis!!!

January 13, 2018 @ 4:46 pm

When did I ever say Germans were racists or Nazis?

Klaus said,

January 13, 2018 @ 5:02 pm

It is very simple. You are helping the father to spread lies about Germany and our legal system. Discrimination does not apply in any way to the custody and residence of these children. If you spread the father’s lies then you must have prejudice against Germany also.

January 13, 2018 @ 5:27 pm

Where did I say that discrimination played a part in this?

A Frequent Visitor said,

January 13, 2018 @ 6:34 pm

Didn’t the dad claim a German judge told him “In this country(Germany), we don’t put mothers(assumedly German mothers) in jail? That’s what comes to mind. Klaus is obviously also German and a staunch nationalist.

January 13, 2018 @ 6:41 pm

Even if he did, I didn’t say that, so I’m not sure what the point is there.

A Frequent Visitor said,

January 13, 2018 @ 6:58 pm

I know and I don’t think it’s you specifically who is the target so much as any American article in general. Basically he’s on a pro German rant.

Klaus said,

January 14, 2018 @ 6:40 pm

Ihr seid Dummkopfen!!!!

Klaus said,

January 14, 2018 @ 8:09 pm

Celeste said,

January 19, 2018 @ 2:54 pm

Klaus, you need to calm down. Nobody is making false claims about the German judicial system. All this father wants is a relationship with his two sons who were taken to Germany by their mother illegally.
    No judicial system is better than any other judicial system. This father just wants what’s best for his sons and that’s for them to be with him.

Timo said,

January 19, 2018 @ 8:56 pm

Celeste, the documents clearly show that the father consented in writing to the children’s permanent residence in Munich BEFORE he reported them as kidnapped. He even went so far as to say that he hadn’t been decieved and agreed there was no abduction under the terms of the Hague. The documents also show that he acknowledged that his deceitful actions would ruin his chances to see his sons for a very long time. This whole mess was created by the father trying to game the courts probably so he didn’t have to pay any Child Support. It’s all legal and in writing posted online for the world to see is the pure and simple truth, so even strangers can see that the father has reported erroneous information and filed fraudulent charges against his ex-wife. This is the reason he has no relationship with his sons who continue to reside at the same known location in Munich.

January 30, 2018 @ 7:32 pm

I am the father of Alec and Dominic. The mother has denied me all access to my sons since 2005. She won’t let me speak to them on the phone or see them in person. I have emails from her to support this. There are two different but very similar forms that she asked me to sign. One of them states that I agree that she may move to Germany in the future, and the other form omits “future.” The German courts are biased, or if you prefer, incapable of serving justice. Simply go to the US State Department website to see Germany’s compliance with family law cases in the past 15 years. In 2004, Stefanie left the USA with the children on the premise that her mother had terminal cancer. Two months later, her mother was “fine” and Stefanie sent me a letter stating she isn’t happy with our marriage and will not live in America any longer. The German court ignored the letter and made a custody decision during the Hague Convention hearing, which was not legal nor in compliance with the treaty. Why would I file for custody in the USA, claim she kidnapped my children, only to give her custody at the same time? That claim will never make sense. I appreciate “For the Lost” and other sites that provide me with some form of justice. I love my sons, Alec and Dominic as much today as the day they were born. Greg

Celeste said,

February 4, 2018 @ 2:46 pm

Why would a father go through all of the trouble of going to a US court for custody of his US born sons only to surrender custody of his kids in Germany? There was no custody order in place and there was a Haig hearing. Mr. Gardner has had full legal custody of his sons since they were babies and mom illegally took them out of the US.
    Mom needs to own up and send the boys back to their father.

Klaus said,

February 5, 2018 @ 1:16 pm

Celeste is a well known socially inept recluse and internet troll I have discovered. She has no credibility because she was not involved in any case dramas and enjoys misaligning people about their private affairs. Do not listen to her if you are intelligent and have common sense.

February 5, 2018 @ 10:32 pm

And I am what?

Celeste said,

February 5, 2018 @ 10:29 pm

And you know this how Klaus?

Celeste said,

February 5, 2018 @ 10:31 pm

Really Klaus? The only internet troll I see here is you!

Melissa said,

February 7, 2018 @ 10:26 pm

To Greg the father,

I sympathize with your story and I have no doubt the truth to it. We have been in similar situation for the last 4 years. May God continue to provide you with the strength to continue this fight to be reunited with your children. Don’t give up and don’t let these “attackers” break your spirit. Praying.

February 12, 2018 @ 12:53 pm

God bless you Melissa and family. Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you in mine as well.

Celeste said,

February 15, 2018 @ 2:47 pm

You know that you didn’t relinquish custody of your boys to their mother and we do too. You’re totally within your right to fight their mother over custody of your two boys. Dominic and Alec are as much your kids as they are their mother’s.

March 7, 2018 @ 3:20 pm

Thank you, Celeste. Dominic will be 15 years old in May and Alec will be 17 years old in September. I hope to see them soon.

The Hague hearing for my case was held in the judge’s small office. It was not a public hearing. The translator was a court employee or paid contractor. There were instances in the hearing when she would not translate what was being said. My German attorney, Werner Martens, sat still and quiet. He told me a day prior that he and the judge were friends, which I thought was favorable at the time. Instead, I believe there was collusion. I would recommend anyone going into a Hague hearing pay for an American representative (witness) to attend. I don’t know if the State Department provides this or can recommend someone? Otherwise, you are the foreign national and it’s your word against everyone else in the room.