Kiara Ved missing five years

Today is the fifth anniversary of the disappearance of Kiara Dharmesh Ved. She was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Sejal Dharmesh Ved, from Leawood, Kansas. They are believed to be in India.

Kiara Ved

Above is a picture of Kiara. Help bring her home to her father – if you have any information as to her whereabouts, please contact either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Leawood Police Department at 913-642-5555.

Anon said,

July 6, 2016 @ 5:13 am

I regret to inform you that the child is recently deceased under questionable circumstances.

July 6, 2016 @ 9:51 am

Thank you for the link. I feel sick.

Anon said,

July 6, 2016 @ 5:22 am

She died in Mumbai India where she has lived since the “abduction” and not in Kansas United States I should mention.

Emma said,

July 7, 2016 @ 1:08 am

So….from what I can gather from the article, little Kiara accidentally got into some strong prescription medication at her mother’s home which caused an immediate overdose,brain death, and eventual cardiac arrest? Her father is claiming there was foul play, yet did not go to see her at the hospital in Mumbai and has not acted on his allegations for some reason, hasn’t involved the authorities? Wow….just wow. I have no words for this sudden and most unexpected turn of events.

July 7, 2016 @ 11:04 pm

Six is somewhat old for accidental overdose. 70 percent of those involve children between one and two years, and the risk drops dramatically after five.

Merikh said,

July 8, 2016 @ 6:06 pm

@forthelost, I really hope you are not suggesting what I think you are…..

July 8, 2016 @ 7:20 pm

No, I am not saying she was murdered. I don’t know anything about her death except one article, and from that I can’t say anything definitive except for the fact that she is old for an overdose. She still could have easily died from an accidental overdose; even adults do. I don’t know.

Mirissa said,

July 8, 2016 @ 10:22 pm

Her posters remain up across the internet. I wonder why her father has not notified NCMEC of her passing, so that third parties do not continue to profile her now irrelevant case, when there is no longer any child, missing or otherwise, to find and return to the United States? Online, aside from that one article, there is absolutely no mention of her passing, not an obituary or even condolences expressed to the family. It is as if no one in the United States knows or is concerned that she has left this world. She has simply ceased to exist, which is beyond sad in my humble opinion. A beautiful precious little girl, whose baby picture has been plastered across the internet for 5 years simply because she as an American citizen lived in India against her father’s wishes, now seems all but forgotten because she died in India without ever returning to the United States. This was an American child her father asserts, so why on Earth has this been swept under the rug like little Kiara was some 3rd world orphan?! R.I.P Kiara, your life had value and whether you lived in the United States or India, you left this world way too soon.

Dharmesh said,

July 27, 2016 @ 11:48 pm

This Kiara’s father who has been fighting for her return since last 5 yrs in Indian courts after winning custody of Kiara and her 2 elder sisters (US Citizens) in US Courts. I won custody of Kiara also in India and have been in touch with US Dept of State, Kansas Police, US Consulate Mumbai & Delhi, and also I was the one who contacted Mid-day and gave all orders and including medical reports of Kiara which I received from US Consulate Mumbai as Sejal, Sejals’s Father Subhash Dhutia (lawyer), Rachita Dhutia, Naina Dhutia and other family members tried to hush and instructed the hospital to not give any information to anyone including me. I called hospital & emailed them many times and even US Embassy tried to visit the hospital while Kiara was being treated, however, they were denied of any information.
    This article is not giving full truth and this is so sick that till today since last 3 months I have not received any information despite the fact US Embassy and I have requested Mumbai police to take action and do through investigation and send the autospy report. How can this be a natural death? I have 2 other daughters here in US since their birth and I’m proud of all my 3 daughters and I suspect and wish my daughter Kiara is still alive and kept hidden by these rich powerful evil Subhash Dhutia family and hope I get help to get her soon to US so she can enjoy her life with her 2 elder sisters in their childhood. Incase, the tragedy of her death is true and the medical report is true and this is a murder as I don’t believe any 6.5yrs child would take this type of drug willfully/accidentally in access, also who in right mind would keep this type of drug where a child can have easy access? I called Mid-day and send them all court orders and documents, yet, they did not print complete truth.
    How can Mumbai police have warrant on me based on fake complaints when I have been living here in US since last 22yrs and already US Court has decided the matter which was contested by both parties and then 5 Indian courts including Supreme Court of India has uphold US Court order and said there is no merit in Sejal and her family’s claim.
    On what basis would I go to India and trust this corrupt system and at the same time leave US and my 2 daughters who are solely dependent on me here in US??? All i say is stop abduction and India & Indian courts needs to make quick decisions vs. after 4yrs I got decision from Indian Supreme court in my favor. If they made quick decisions given the fact they didn’t even have any jurisdiction over US Citizens where both parties have contested their case in US court then today my daughter Kiara would have been in US with her 2 elder sisters. If the Indian Consulate didn’t give Sejal fraud Indian passport despite the fact she was US Citizen then she would not have been able to be a fugitive from US to India.
    I need justice for my daughter Kiara and want to ensure whoever killed her is punished by law and if she is alive (i pray) and hidden somewhere by this evil Subhash Dhutia & family then I want her to be send immediately to US ASAP.

July 28, 2016 @ 12:42 am

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your daughter.

Dharmesh said,

August 4, 2016 @ 11:54 pm

Thanks, I need help from the media so that Kiara gets justice and people involved are punished. Please help and published true story. I have all the orders from US Courts and Indian courts in my favor and need help.

For the Lost Blog » Brennin and Britt Byrd, Aaron and Elijah Glazner, Jaquelina Gomez, Luis Munguia-Zendejas, Ruby Sayre, and Alejandra Valencia and Julio Valencia-Chavez found safe, Kiara Ved found deceased said,

August 14, 2016 @ 9:01 pm