Jayden Gonzalez missing five years

Today is the fourth anniversary of the disappearance of Jayden Anthony Gonzalez. He was abducted by his non-custodial mother, Wendy Cruz, from Van Nuys, California. They may still be in the local area or may have left the country and traveled to Mexico.

Jayden Gonzalez

Above is a picture of Jayden. If you have any information as to his whereabouts, please contact either the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Los Angeles Police Department at 877-275-5273.

Emma said,

March 25, 2016 @ 5:08 pm

I hope the mother isn’t responsible for burning this baby’s face!

March 25, 2016 @ 5:19 pm

I hope not, either, but statistically she’s the most likely culprit.

Emma said,

March 25, 2016 @ 11:09 pm

It seems very much like a classic failure of the American UNjustice system that routinely acts against the best interests of children. Those burns look very fresh in the preabduction picture,they’re bad enough to tell it was no accident,and somebody so obviously needs to be in jail for doing this, yet the baby was not in protective custody. I have seen a parent placed in handcuffs at a hospital as soon as they bring in their injured/ill children on suspicion alone and the child in question sequestered safely away until the situation is worked out. That happens when authorities bother to do their jobs. The police and social workers in this case didn’t do their jobs at all and ought to be disciplined or fired for such gross negligence. Who knows what sort of abuse the child is suffering now,because overworked underpaid Los Angeles County authorities were negligent and allowed his potential abuser to run off with him probably to a foreign country?!

March 25, 2016 @ 11:18 pm

He’s got other burn scars on his chest, too, apparently.

I don’t really know the circumstances of the abduction in this case; maybe he was taken from foster care. The first photo I’ve got of him looks like it was taken to document injury.

The Fabulous Gallifreyan said,

March 25, 2016 @ 11:51 pm

I think it’s a documentation photo too. It looks like someone is holding his head up to get the photo taken.

Linda said,

April 5, 2016 @ 4:51 pm

My nephew has severe eczema that looks just like his face. How do you know it’s a burn? I would hate to think you judged that off of the picture alone. My nephew has had it since birth and at 30 years old, it looks just as bad and when he was born.

April 5, 2016 @ 6:42 pm

It’s documented in his LA County Missing Kid file: “The child is healing from an iron burn on the face and has a large pinkish scar covering the right side.” http://missingkidsla.org/

Anon said,

April 5, 2016 @ 10:34 pm

I think there is probably a lot more to this story.I don’t think the mother burned him. In the newer picture he seems to be happy,healthy,and well groomed obviously by his mother. His clothes are clean, hair is cut, and teeth in good condition. Someone is obviously keeping an eye on the situation or there wouldn’t be any follow up pictures.

April 5, 2016 @ 11:12 pm

We don’t even know if his mother is caring for him now.

Emma said,

April 5, 2016 @ 11:46 pm

Who else if not his mother could be carrying for him? She is his abductor right?

April 6, 2016 @ 9:55 am

I’ve seen many cases where an abductor turns the child over to other relatives.

For the Lost Blog » Jayden Gonzalez, Nicole Ramirez, and John Umich found safe said,

August 22, 2018 @ 1:25 pm

[…] have just received word from NCMEC that Jayden Gonzalez and Nicole Ramirez have been found safe. I have also heard from law enforcement that John Umich has […]