Nadia Dabbagh found safe

I have just received word from her mother that Nadia Dabbagh has been found in Syria and is in contact with her mother. Her mother, Maureen Dabbagh, has worked tirelessly for many years to help others in family abduction cases, and this is the best of news. I wish them the best in reuniting. I have resolved her case and modified the anniversary post so there are no dead links. The new case on the site is that of Alex Bolanos-Martinez.

Gen Dungo said,

September 21, 2010 @ 7:56 pm

Its great to know that Nadia called her own mother. I actually wept upon reading of this. It gives me hope on my own daughter.

To parents out there- do not lose hope. This story should be a testament to a parent’s love and a child’s need to be with their parents.

September 21, 2010 @ 8:06 pm

I agree. It was truly wonderful news.

Concerned Citizen said,

January 30, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

I know someone who tried to help her find her daughter and she called the FBI on them. Clearly not very nice.

January 30, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

Are you talking about Maureen Dabbagh? Who called the FBI and why?

Concerned Citizen said,

January 30, 2011 @ 9:42 pm

Yes, I am talking about her. I know someone who legitimately tried to help her retrieve her daughter. She unfortunately took it upon herself to call the FBI on this person. The person was cleared. Doesn’t seem very charitable of her. Just saying.

January 30, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

I’ve seen a lot of con artists who claim to be able to help you get your chilld(ren) back. I don’t blame her for being suspicious.

Concerned Citizen said,

January 30, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

Well, since the person was cleared, she obviously overreacted.

January 30, 2011 @ 10:02 pm

And just how was she able to know before that it wasn’t a scammer?

Concerned Citizen said,

January 30, 2011 @ 10:40 pm

IMO, perhaps she should not have engaged people she didn’t trust in the first place instead of calling in the Feds as a first, instead of last, resort.