Luna Fox found safe

I have just received word from NCMEC that Luna Fox has been found safe. I have resolved her case. If I find an article I will post it; in addition I have written her father and ask if he is able to share information. The new case on the site is that of Emily Machado.

William Fox said,

December 4, 2008 @ 10:53 pm

This is William Fox. The father of luna marie fox. I am greatful that you had put my daughter on your website. Yet saying that you resolved this case is far from the truth if you would like to contact me please email me and I will let you publish my story to give others hope and advise but do not take credit for something yu had no part in.

Lox the Box said,

December 22, 2008 @ 5:09 pm

As you rightly point out, this site has lots of problems with its author
    taking every opportunity to puff up his ego. You’re not the first person
    who has noticed him lying, though you appear to be the first to be so
    generous about it! Are you for real?

Another example is to be found here. Not only was he caught
    lying, he even had the audacity to pretend that the mother herself responded
    to his posts! Maybe he even made up the stuff about
    the NCMEC, who knows?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

December 22, 2008 @ 5:41 pm

For real about what?

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

December 23, 2008 @ 4:21 pm

And if you’re referring to me, I’m a she. I did not write that reply, and I do not make up stuff on this site. Mr. Fox merely thought my use of “resolved” meant we claimed involvement in the case. It was not my intent; I use the word to refer to any person on our site that is moved to the located section.

Although Mr. Lazaridis, I commend you for learning how to use a proxy server.

E.V.H said,

February 12, 2016 @ 7:13 am

Luna was already safe with her Dutch mother in Europe not missing and after several years unhappily in the United States she returned to the Netherlands a few years back where she still resides legally. After doing so much to get her back to the United States, an American court found out after her school registered a complaint of abuse and neglect against the father that the Dutch mother hadn’t been lying and little Luna really wasn’t safe with her father. Her mother was contacted by proper authorities and told to come get her which of course she did and Luna went lawfully back to reside in Europe. Really she should have never been taken from the country she was born in,she was born on Amsterdam, but after many years Americans got the very complicated case sorted properly and sent her back home.

Anonymous said,

February 12, 2016 @ 11:36 pm

E.V.H, why on Earth did Dutch authorities assist in removing her from the home and sending her back to the United States if she was a Dutch born Dutch Citizen child residing lawfully with her mother in her homeland for her own safety? From what I managed to gleen from several Dutch language articles is that she was peacefully in the home of the maternal grandmother in the evening in bed when abruptly a dozen Dutch police stormed the residence and dragged her out scarred senseless. Why would Dutch authorities do that if Luna were there legally?

E.V.H said,

February 13, 2016 @ 10:41 pm

Ms. Amstel left the Netherlands in 2007 after Dutch courts accepted an appeal of the initial ruling Luna was to remain with her mother and reversed its’ decision based on lies the father told, because the small Luna had a nervous breakdown when told she had to return to United States with her father. Although Luna is a dual of Kingdom of the Netherlands and United States, born on Amsterdam,and spent most of her life in the Netherlands after the reversal she lost the court’s protection and was ruled United States has the jurisdiction. When Ms.Amstel returned to the Netherlands with Luna in 2008 her scanned in passport registered she is back in the Netherlands and the American courts have not granted the residency in the Netherlands, so the police come get her to remove from the country, until a America court says she can reside in the Netherlands with her mother. After many years, this order is granted by a American court and Luna lawfully returned home.

February 13, 2016 @ 11:32 pm

So if all this was done by the Dutch, why on earth was she found in Portugal?

E.V.H said,

February 14, 2016 @ 10:22 am

It is incorrect little Luna was taken from Portugal by the father. Since 2007 Ms.Amstel was in Portugal with Luna and a new relationship and twin daughters, but the family must go back to the Netherlands when Luna was ill. Authorities knew the family had a residence in Portugal while appeals are being made, but there was not a court order that forbid Luna to be in Portugal, only she can not live in the Netherlands again until an American court says she is allowed. Luna is a citizen in the Kingdom of the Netherlands and so when she is ill must come to the Netherlands to get free very good medical care, but appeals have not been accepted and she was sent to United States. Luna was never missing. Her residence in Portugal over years 2007 and 2008 are known and also reasons. American authorities says she was taken from! Portugal by the father because until little Luna went from Portugal back to the Netherlands, he could not access her to take to United States with him. The case is very complicated and long and expensive and involve a lot of countries and provinces. Luna is home in the Netherlands now and she always wants to be in the Netherlands. The case did not end in 2008 as the father says. The case ended in 2014 when Luna was sent home to the Netherlands by an American court and the Netherlands again accepted her permanent residency.

Anonymous said,

February 15, 2016 @ 9:39 pm

E.V.H, Thank you, I now have a much clearer picture of the case. It is not at all uncommon for children to demand and want to either come back to the United States or go back abroad when of age to choose(by my calculations Luna was 12&well of age to choose in 2014 when she returned to the Netherlands) regardless of what one parent or other desires or prior custody agreements or other previously weighty factors. The general age of discernment internationally is between 10-13 years according to the Rights of the Child Treaty(age range is due to differing maturity levels) which the United States for some reason refuses to accept and radicalize.It is great Luna was able to return to the country she had the strongest ties to and wanted to be in and I hope she is very happy,loved,and safe in the Netherlands.

God Bless

Softball friend said,

August 16, 2017 @ 11:05 pm

Fighting courts ECT. . It’s bickering and 2 people who can not get along with Luna in the middle.
    Was she abused , I don’t know, was her father and his girlfriend the best of parents. No. Was her mother the best of parent, no.
    Luna’s extremely bad diabetes was always the main concern.
    We miss the little girl who is now a.teenager. and of she ever wants to come back to Chicago, tri Taylor area, she will be welcomed with open arms.